Google Pay is a pioneer in the convenience and efficiency of a digital payment platform, however, some users have occasionally suffered from error code U13, which interferes with secure connection to banking servers. However, there is no reason to worry as we are here to offer fast and effective solutions.
What does Google Pay Error Code U13 mean?
This inconvenient error usually arises when Google Pay cannot establish a secure connection with the user’s bank servers. This prevents the app from being able to verify account information and process payment requests, affecting activities such as adding a new bank account, making transactions, or checking the account balance.
Possible Origins of Error Code U13
- Fluctuations or interruptions in the network may be the cause of the problem.
- An older version of Google Pay may contain bugs or compatibility issues.
- Banking updates or maintenance may temporarily disable servers.
- Incorrect bank details during the linking process can cause error U13.
Suggestions to solve the problem quickly
- If you encounter the error, wait and try again later.
- Check your Wi-Fi or mobile data connection and switch to a different network if necessary.
- Check the Google Play Store or App Store for updates and keep the app up to date.
- Clear app cache and data: In the device settings, find and select “Google Pay,” clear app cache and data, and restart the app.
If the same error persists after applying these solutions, feel free to contact Google Pay Support here.