- Users Report Issue in PlayStation Plus Games: Several players have experienced an alert that the game will expire in 15 minutes and are redirected to the PlayStation home screen.
- Practical solutions to resolve the error: Three key steps are suggested to correct the problem, including checking the PlayStation Network status, restoring game licenses and setting the console as primary.
- Possible reasons behind the error message: The message “This app or game will expire in 15 minutes” may be due to a limited demo version, a limited time trial, or a temporary license issue. It is important to understand these causes in order to address the error effectively.
Some users are experiencing issues with PlayStation Plus games today. On various forums like Reddit, ResetEra, and NeoGAF, users are reporting receiving an alert saying, “This app or game will expire in 15 minutes” and then being redirected to the PlayStation home screen.
The glitch seems to occur with any game in the PS Plus catalog, but luckily, you can return to the game from the home screen and resume playing quickly. However, the alert cycle repeats itself every 15 minutes and possibly at other intervals.
The extent of the problem is still unclear as some users claim that they are playing PS Plus games without issue. This error is one that gamers often encounter and it displays the message “This app or game will expire in 15 minutes.” In this guide, we will discuss the possible causes of the error and provide practical solutions to fix it.
How to fix “This app or game will expire in 15 minutes” error
To resolve the “This app or game will expire in 15 minutes” error, the following steps should be followed:
- Check PlayStation Network Status: Make sure PlayStation Network is working properly by checking the current status on the indicated page.
- Restore game and application licenses: Go to Settings > Users and accounts > Other > Restore licenses and complete the process.
- Set console as primary: Go to Settings > Users & accounts > Other > Console sharing & offline play, click Enable and set console as primary.
By following these suggestions, it is possible to fix the “This app or game will expire in 15 minutes” error. In case the issue persists, it is recommended to contact PlayStation support or the developer of the game or app for further assistance.
Meaning of the “This app or game will expire in 15 minutes” error on PS5
The “This app or game will expire in 15 minutes” error message on PS5 usually indicates that the session or license for the app or game is about to expire. However, this is not always the case. There are several possible reasons why the error may appear on PS5:
- Limited Demo Version: Some apps or games offer limited-time demos that allow you to play or access certain features for a specified amount of time. The error message may be a reminder that the demo session is about to end.
- Limited Time Trial: Some games or apps offer a limited time trial period, allowing you to try them out for a specified amount of time before deciding to purchase. When the trial period is about to expire, you may receive this message as a notification to consider purchasing the full version.
- Temporary license issue: In some cases, there may be a temporary license issue with the app or game, which may or may not occur if account information needs to be updated or there is a problem with the license server.
By understanding the underlying reasons for this error message, you can handle the situation more effectively. If it is suspected that it is not related to a demo or limited test, it is recommended to check for updates for the application or game in question.
It is important to address the “This app or game will expire in 15 minutes” error to avoid interruptions and enjoy a smooth gaming experience. Using the practical solutions mentioned above, and if the problem persists, contacting PlayStation support or the developer, you can resolve this issue and get back to playing PlayStation Plus games without interruption.