If you are a frequent YouTube user, you may have at some point come across a pop-up asking you to disable your ad blocker or subscribe to YouTube Premium to enjoy your favorite videos without interruptions.
Although this measure has been implemented to protect YouTube’s advertising revenue, it can be annoying for those looking for an ad-free experience. Fortunately, there are ways to avoid these pop-ups and enjoy ad-free videos.
Effective ways to achieve it
1. Use the Brave browser
Brave Browser is a web browser that has gained recognition for its ability to block ads and safeguard user privacy. In addition, it offers a feature that allows you to watch videos on YouTube without ads and without the annoying ad blocking pop-up appearing. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Brave Browser and visit YouTube web.
- Select the Brave Shields icon located next to the address bar and enable the option that says “Shields are DOWN for youtube.”
- Enter “brave://adblock” in the address bar and scroll down until you find the “Create custom filters” box.
- Copy and paste the code below and select “Save Changes.”
youtube.com##+js (set, yt.config_. openPopupConfig.supportedPopups.adBlockMessageViewModel, false) youtube.com##+js (set, Object.prototype.adBlocksFound, 0) youtube.com##+js (set, ytplayer.config.args.raw_player_response.adPlacements, ) youtube.com##+js (set, Object.prototype.hasAllowedInstreamAd, true)
- Update YouTube and enjoy your videos without ads and without ad blocking pop-ups.
2. Use uBlock Origin
uBlock Origin is a very popular ad blocker extension that works on most browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari.
- Open your browser and go to YouTube web.
- Click on the uBlock Origin icon and choose the “Open Dashboard” option.
- Go to the “My Filters” tab and copy the following code.
youtube.com,youtubekids.com,youtube-nocookie.com#@#+js (json-prune, .playerResponse.adPlacements .playerResponse.playerAds playerResponse.adPlacements playerResponse.playerAds adPlacements playerAds)
- Press “Apply changes” and refresh the YouTube page.
3. Use the Anti-AdBlock Killer script
The Anti-AdBlock Killer script is a tool that can bypass anti-adblock measures on websites, including YouTube. To use this method, follow these steps:
- Install a script manager extension like Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey in your browser.
- Visit the provided link to install the Anti-AdBlock Killer script.
- Click “Install” and confirm the installation.
- Visit YouTube.com and be sure to disable any other ad blockers you may have.
- And that’s it!
4. Use third-party YouTube apps without ads
These apps are not official YouTube products and may violate the platform’s terms of service, so you should use them at your own risk. Some of the popular apps you can try are:
YouTube Vanced: This is a modified version of the YouTube app for Android that offers ad-free viewing, background playback, and other features.
NewPipe: This is an open source application for Android that allows you to watch YouTube videos without ads, Google services or tracking.